Map of Water Licences
Yukon Water Licences are now charted
The Yukon Water Board has published their water licence information on the Yukon Governments online map viewer, GeoYukon, under Environmental Monitoring. The site is accessible to view and search for water licence information and have it display on an interactive map. The website can be accessed at http://mapservices.gov.yk.ca/GeoYukon/.
How can this help proponents with applications?
Some of the questions that are asked in our application can now be answered using this viewer. Information such as:
- Nearest Yukon community
- Longitude and Latitude
- Identifying the nearest upstream water users(s) or potentially affected upstream users
- Identifying the nearest downstream water user(s) or potentially affected downstream users
- Boundaries of First Nation’s traditional territory where the project is located
- Identifying First Nation Settlement Land
- Existing roads
- Identified claims (Placer, Quartz, Coal, and Oil & Gas)
A map can also be printed with the information from the site, to submit as part of an application or public comment. If any questions arise, or for assistance creating a map, please contact the YWB office at 456-3980.